Wednesday 15 September 2010

a seaside rescue attempt followed by carry on doctor.....

A few weeks back I got an SOS call from the owner of an Airstream. She was discribed as a '59? Globetrotter' which got me thinking.

I asked for some images and was told to just google it, they said just google 'rubber house dungeness'. I followed the instructions and was amazed to find 10's of photos of a little 54 globetrotter with front side hung hehr windows.

Her name turns out to be Dolly and she is a little beauty -



I came well repaired to haul this lady back to our workshop and get her under cover. But it was not to be, the salt air has badly corroded her chassis and she will need flat bedded back and then a lot of tlc to get her healthy again and more prepared for coastal living....

A good nights sleep and I was off again with another day on the road with the glam van, this time the lucky lady had some interesting fancy dress outfits gathering dust -



the setup went well after we got a few cars moved -



Back in London to drop off some props and amazingly enough to meet a potential client for a cup of coffee before heading back to the country -




No comments:

Post a Comment