Thursday 16 September 2010

the rewards of recycling.....

I find it a feelgood exercise to recycle my waste. Good to get it out of the way and also good to know it's not going into a landfill site.

Very so often I seem to get a little payback, i've had a good few this year but this one has to be the best .



An unwanted Zenith Trans Oceanic radio. Freshly dumped just before I arrived at the recycling center.

With antenna built into the handle.




This was Wally Byam's favorite brand of radio. I believe he had the 1000 series, but I'm sure this royal 3000 would have tempted him in the 60's.


2 comments:

  1. You were really lucky - I would loved to have found that radio.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely radio Sam... you almost feel you could tune back in time and hear the stations Wally was listening to.

    ReplyDelete